GSWS Program Library
The GSWS Program library is housed in 402E Cathedral of Learning. Students, faculty and staff may borrow items with a valid University of Pittsburgh ID card.
Our up-to-date library catalog is available at:
Many archival materials about the history of the program are available to the public as well. Contact the Program Assistant with inquiries.
Hillman Library Services & Resources
You have a personal librarian! I am Robin Kear, liaison librarian to GSWS. I am here to support your work in GSWS and be an educational partner. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-648-7728, or visit 207G Hillman Library. Here is a sampling of what I can help with:
Research needs or questions from students, staff, and faculty such as:
- How do I find…? Where do I find…? What do we have on this topic…? Do we have…? How do I get started on researching this topic?
- Collection needs: books to order, videos to order, how to place reserves or e-reserves, using Interlibrary Loan, E-ZBorrow, or Get It
- Library instruction services: in-person assignment specific library instruction for a class (including finding the most relevant library sources in our databases and in PITTCat+, in Google Scholar or Google Books, distinguishing peer-review, evaluating sources, citing) and/or designing a customized research guide for your course linkable in CourseWeb, citation management instruction (EndNote or Mendeley), document management instruction (Box)
- Digital scholarship questions: copyright issues, open access publishing, data management, our digital repository, citation metrics, altmetrics, journal metrics, partnerships for digital humanities projects
- One-on-one consultation services
If you have any ideas for subject-specific guides that are needed, please let me know.
If I don’t have the answer, I can connect you to the answer.
For more information on GSWS & Pitt's University Library System, please visit these guides: