The GSWS program is happy to have a wide array of courses available to its students and wants to ensure that courses are consonant with the profiles of the program. It is critical for the program's coherence and student interest that we avoid listing courses that do not explicitly address these issues and, consequently, seek courses that meet the following criteria:
1) At least 25% of course content is on a topic related to women, gender and/or sexuality.
2) The course should meet at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:
- critically examines the social construction of women, gender, and/or sexuality
- critically examines cultural assumptions about women gender, and/or sexuality within the context of the course content
- explores the disciplinary production of knowledge, the use of methodologies, and theory from the vantage point of women, gender, and/or sexuality
Faculty should advise us of a course they will be teaching and include the course title, number, description, and (if possible) a working syllabus in an email to email@example.com with a “cc” to your departmental administrator. The course description for the students should be explicit about the inclusion of gender and sexuality in the content of the course.
If you have additional questions, please get in touch with the program director, Todd Reeser. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org